Monday, December 8, 2008

I Want It All

The two alphabets on everyones lips is GP (graduation parade). But I cant stand it. I cant stand parades. They are just that. A parade. A show. And SAF tries to make it seem like its all about us.

"Its for your loved ones."
"Do this for yourself."

But what its really about is brainwashing our parents into thinking how awesome NS is to have turned us from this to that, how theyve turned unruly kids into a fighting force in 3 months and ease their worries about their children NS so that they dont have to worry bout their kids for 2 years.

Yes, let them see how we do our infantry roar with such gusto that they think we enjoy doing this. Let them see how great SAF must be to make us go through this facade with such jubilation.

And some of my friends are actually proud to have their parents come. I respect that, but sometimes I feel like slapping them cuz they dont see it. Or maybe they do, but couldnt care less.

*****
Hold on my dearest, the end is near.

No comments: