Sunday, December 14, 2008

Priceless

Well, Im glad I finally mustered up the discipline to get my fat ass off from playing red alert 3 to go run. Its interesting how I can now run distances that would once make me pant like a fucking dog.

As for red alert 3, well, lets just say that certain elements of the game require some insane micro. Especially since their interface and controls were not designed for micro. Say you have 5 cryo-copters and 5 enemy tanks. Youd have to click-F-click for 1 target, then click-F-click for the next for like 5 times.This is totally not something that you want to do, or that can be done effectively in large scale battles.

What Im also not used to is that the game forces you to use air units, like how an airfield is a prereq for your tech building for higher tier units. It makes me miss how I could have my tri-hero nuke and ghouls and thatd be all it took to win back in my wc3 days.

Then I hear how my noobie friends, or acquaintances, say that this faction is good for air, this for sea and such. But I think this is bullshit since good micro owns everything, and since every faction has their equivalent or what another faction has.

I think RA3 has a lot of potential as a competitive game, but there seriously needs to be more people playing it online cuz I had to spend 2 minutes looking for 1 ranked 1v1 game. Its a huge difference from the 10 seconds in b.net.

Cryocopter freezing a dreadnought.

No comments: