Monday, March 17, 2008

Big Money Matters

So I was just sitting back and watching Money Mind, and for the first time in my life, I actually UNDERSTOOD what they were talking about, and all the implications of so. I paid attention, and this little device in my head started recording everything, then passing it on to the adjacent machine which analysed the data.

I started to comprehend the world of finance and the stock market, and in this brilliant light of comprehension, it started to rain.

It rained money.

It rained blue 50 buck notes, and green notes that were american dollars. Then I wondered why it didnt instead rain 1000buck notes and then it hit me that Ive never seen a 1000SGD note before. I know, Im a frog in a well, but once I get rich it WILL rain 1000 buck notes.

Anyway, money mind really showed me how reading "Stock investing for dummies" relates to the real world. Like, Asia pacific breweries sets up a factory in laos, therefore you have increased production and increased revenue. However, if the laotian government decides to pass a new law like no alcohol consumption cuz their youths are fucking their siblings, then profit goes down and therefore stock prices go down.

Its really all interconnected, and its kinda cool to find out how.

No comments: