Saturday, January 26, 2008

STFU Already, Please

Today I hit the foodcourt in sun plaza for lunch, and after purchasing my chow, I saw an empty seat beside an elderly couple so I went up to them and asked if the seat was occupied. The woman said no, so there I sat.

I was eating my lunch with a sorta dazed " -_- " face, and my earphones plugged into my ears. This is typically a look, and a type of body language that suggests very strongly that Id like to be left in peace so I can eat my food or w/e it is that Im doing. Very unfortunately, this suggestion did not seem strong enough to get through to the old woman, who proceeded to initiate a conversation about what I was eating.

She asked how much my food cost, and then proceeded to comment about how she liked it as well, in rudimentary english. So, as I noticed that she and her husband were conversing in cantonese, I decided to make her life a little easier by replying in cantonese.

Big mistake. Mental slap on my own face.

"Oh, you can speak cantonese? Its no surprise, you young people can do everything nowadays. Are you in sec 1? Oh poly? I see. Oh well anyway its good to learn as much as you can when you're young. Blah blah blah blah young young old old blah blah blah you should study more blah blah blah dont get a girlfriend blah blah blah shut-the-fuck-up-please-Im-trying-to-eat-my-fucking-lunch."

I seriously dont see the point of you telling me your grandmother stories (literally?) about how you screwed up YOUR life and dont want me to end up like you. Like a talk with a random old hag is going to make me realise "OMG IM SO SCREWED UP" and make me go on to change my life and find Jesus Christ and become a monk or whatever.

Side Note: Secondary 1? Im like 20 ffs! I know Ive gotta baby face but, ouch!

Moral of the Story: Dont Share Tables With Old People.

No comments: