Sunday, May 18, 2008

We Are All The Same

First look over there,
at the whores in the street.
See the skin they bare,
see their breasts so complete.

Do you toss your head high,
and look in disdain?
Or will you think just as I
and feel both our pain?

What if I told you,
we were all the same?

They sell their souls,
just for some cash.
To fill their bowls,
And fatten the sash.

Yet even I,
have made this trade.
I just comply,
and join the parade.

Now Im telling you,
we are all the same.

Just today I was told off,
by a customer who thought he was right.
But I couldnt tell him to fuck off,
so in I caved without a fight.

To me it was as if,
my ego and my pride,
had jumped off a cliff,
and was swept off by the tide.

Now do you believe,
that we are all the same?

Yet there be some who disagree,
for the flesh they sell, is holy just as well.
But only to a small degree,
cuz my spirit yells, the body is but a shell.

If you take away my essence,
the Who of who I am,
gone will be life's lessons,
whats left is just a scam.

So nod your heads,
and know as I know,
that in this Great Game,
we are all the same.

No comments: