Thursday, July 17, 2008

Only The Similar Will Coexist

Argh I didnt see Tiger when I was opening the main entrance door and he was right behind it. I banged into him (lightly, thank goodness) and he MEOWR'ed at me :( Awww my poor heart is broken.

So anyways I was at my favourite leaning spot in the mert and there was this girl beside me complaining about her boyfriend (presumably) to this other guy. What really caught my attention was that the whore wasnt complaining about the usual things, i.e. penis-too-small, never-pays-me-enough-attention etc. She was complaing about how he was falling further apart from his religion, in that he prayed less often and read his scriptures less often (which, in my narrow-mindedness, made me assume he's buddhist).

So then that got me thinking. Cuz like, would *I* be able to stand a gf who believes in something entirely different from me? I mean, what if shes foolish enough, heaven forbid, to try to convert me? (Of course, its arguable that if she were that stupid we wouldnt be together in the first place)

Can I stand someone whos naive enough to believe in a:
1.) Perfect God who can actually create a seemingly imperfect world?
OR
2.) God who created something imperfect (us) and force it to be perfect? (Failure of this impossibility leading to annihilation)
OR
3.) Cycle of debt that you are born into with the sole purpose in life to work off that debt?

I mean, yeah, we should tolerate other beliefs, sure. But notice I say TOLERATE, and not ACCEPT. And my tolerate I mean "put up with". So am I going to "tolerate" her naivete for all the years of our marriage and she "tolerating" my supposed atheism?

And what about our children? Sure, Id like to give my children the freedom to choose, but surely if you were a christian mom youd force your kids to church whether they like it or not. So much for me letting them choose huh?

FUN FACT: If you shampoo a head with 3mm of hair and run your hand through real quick, you can actually see a shower of snow!

No comments: