Thursday, January 1, 2009

Marriage

I talked to my buddy bout marriage. Or rather, the process of this extremely troublesome event that has somehow wormed its way into our list of important things to do within the next 15 years.

Its all really confusing cuz like, you have to get married once when youre solemnised (thats when you do that "i do" "i do" shit) and then get married again when you drink the wedding wine (if youre chinese, which unfortunately, I am). So I didnt really understand when I was actually married lol if you get what I mean. At least, that was how he explained it and how I got it.

I only barely got the idea and its still kinda fuzzy in my head. But apparently it was quite a fun learning process for him.

And not to mention that cuz my buddy is below 21, both parties are required to bring their parents down, which is kinda dumb, but oh well thats singapore for you.

No comments: