Sunday, November 1, 2009

Burden Unloaded

Some of you may know that I am an archer. Or at least was one. I stopped shooting in the late poly days.

My bow set has since been languishing in the corner of my room. Ive been thinking for a long long time that I should be selling it, or at the very least, give it away. So I left a note on NYP's archery clubs' blog's chat box that I was giving away a free bow and sure enough, someone approached me.

I met him and passed it to him. He mentioned how sweet it was (which I felt was a teeny weeny bit homosexual for a guy to say that) and that he was just wondering how he was going to get the money for the bow.

For one thing, Im glad to be rid of the bow, but for another, I think, its a reminder how we should keep giving. Be it a $200 bow set or a bunch of unused clothes.

Maybe it feels a bit weird that someone like me should preach about something like that, but it only adds an element of hypocrisy, at the very most; it doesnt make what we should be doing any different.

No comments: