Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You Scold Me, I Make You Lose Your Job (Hopefully)

Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 8:44 pm
Thank You : Ben Wong ( grimidea@hotmail.com )
Attention: Events & Operations
Message:
Hello, I am a long time customer of Rapture, as I have been gaming for a large part of my life and have taken part in various competitions organised by RG, which, I might add, were all impeccably organised and I have always admired the direction that RG has brought the gaming scene of singapore to, and I have to say you all were always the spearhead of making cybersports where it is in SG now.

However, RG recently organised a VBS2 competion for army peeps, where an incident happened which may, I fear, have irrepairably damaged my image of RG.

During a match with the units 21SA playing against 39SCE, I was using my own Razor Diamondback mouse, instead of the default one provided at Gamehaven. I had permission from my lieutenant, who had in turn gotten permission from a higher authority to do this. During the games we had several incidences of disconnections and/or server crashes. I was later made to understand, in a very impolite manner, that the usage of my mouse was what had caused these disconnections, and was threatened with disqualification should I ever repeat what I thought I had gotten permission for. Not wanting to cause any trouble, I accepted the marshal's point of view on the matter, although I must admit Im quite confused as to how my mouse could have caused the crashes.

I have since brought the matter up with my officer, and it has been resolved amiably, ending with me simply having to accept that I can no longer use my mouse. This is understandable, since rules are rules, but the reason why I write this is not to pursue the matter but to prevent further reoccurrences of such situations where the customer may feel a irrevocable loss of respect for such a great organisation.

I thank you for your time.
Ben ;p


In case you were wondering, when he saw me removing my mouse, he said," NO WONDER LA!" with referrence to the disconnections. This was followed by," If you ever use your mouse again, Im going to dee que you."

Wow, see the marshal is so cool. He cant even say "disqualify". Hes gotta say "DEE QUE". Lets tango, bitch.

No comments: