Sunday, September 28, 2008

Understatement

An understatement is defined as calling the past 2 weeks of my NS life a roller-coaster ride. Something closer to what I was looking for is "being at the eye of the storm".

The first three days were hell. You throw me into a pack of rabid males whos every action is governed by their basal instincts (i.e. lust) and you have one dead Ben. It really is terribly amusing how they can look at any female (and I mean any) and get all excited, though I can honestly say that Im not trying to say that Im superior in any way, because it really does take all different kinds of people to make up the world as we know it. I mean, thats just the way they are (or the way it is).

Oh man, and when they said that you see all sorts of people in NS, they werent fucking kidding. You have the permanent slackers, the ones who think theyre better then others and show it, the ones who cant shut up, the jokers, the ones who smell really bad and the really rude ones. You got englishmen, chinamen and tiananmen lol. You get people who think they know everything, and really do, as well as people who think they know everything, but dont.

And then theres me. :)

Why else was NS tough? Lets talk about the fact that Im not the sort of person to take orders from someone else, because the universe usually revolves around me. There are people who say that being a recruit builds character, and Ill tell you, as Ive told you a dozen times before, that people are stupid. Being one of the "lowest life forms" only makes me want to rage against the machine more, makes me want to attain power more and as quickly as possible so I can get out from this rut. It doesnt "make me a better person" haha!

Thank goodness for the bunkmates that make it a more livable experience. Of course, as with all bunk mates, there are the ones that are fun to hang around with, as well as the retards (yes they're everywhere). And when I say retard I dont mean the fun fun "haha youre a retard" kind of retard. Im talking about the really weird and stupid type of person.

3 Random Facts

1.) BMTC (Basic Military Training Center) School 1 and 2 are in entirely the same place. Its just one huge complex divided into 2.

2.) Prickly heat powder (aka snake powder) burns your genitals after exercise.

3.) Me and JinHong (now POPed) and Ernest are in the same company (Mohawk Company). JH and I happen to be in the most welfare platoon, and we both know the same sarges (one of which inspired me to become one myself)

No comments: